We are happy to announce that the Spring 2017 meeting of the Southern Maryland GIS User Group will be held on May 18, 2017 at the Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative (SMECO) headquarters in Hughesville, Maryland.
We will open up registration via EventBrite soon. Watch this space for registration and agenda information.
If you are interested in presenting at this meeting, please contact us at email@example.com
We are excited to announce that the Fall 2016 meeting of the Southern Maryland GIS User Group will occur on Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at the Calvert Library in Prince Frederick, Maryland.
The address of the library is 850 Costley Way, Prince Frederick, MD 20678. The meeting will run from 9:30 AM to 12:00 noon.
The agenda includes:
- 9:30 – 9:45 Introductions/Opening Remarks/What’s new with GIS in Calvert County- Erick Pate (Calvert County)
- 9:45 – 10:00 NextGen 911 – Tony Rose (Charles County 911 Communications Center)
- 10:00 – 10:30 Field Data Collection with Fulcrum- Jason Wheatley (Century Engineering)
- 10:30 – 10:45 Break
- 10:45 – 11:15 ESRI Training Opportunities/Vector Tiles- Andrew Falker (Esri)
- 11:15 – 11:30 La Plata, Maryland’s Open Data Portal – Jeremy Hurlbutt (Town of La Plata)
- 11:30 – 11:45 LocationTech: Business Friendly Advanced Open Source Geospatial Software – Thea Aldrich (Eclipse Foundation)
- 11:45 – 12:00 State Update – Lisa Lowe (Maryland Geographic Information Office)
The agenda is still being finalized so be sure to check back for updates. Attendance, as always, is free, but we ask you to pre-register so we can plan for refreshments and seating.
You can register via EventBrite. We look forward to seeing you!